Thursday, August 12, 2010

Forgiveness & Stuck-Up-Ness :]

                Today I realized 2 very different things. First off, Some people are just too cranky and stuck up. I don't quite understand it. I've been trying really hard to not get mad over little things. It's going quite well. If we would all stop sweating the small things, I think there would be a lot LESS stress in our lives.

         But tonight at work, I had to go take some advil because I could feel my headache coming on. So i told my co-worker i'd be back in 2 minutes. She said, ok good... because I want to go take a break, (when you only work a 4 hour shift, you get no break & when it's past 8:00pm no one gets a break) I told her this... she said, "Well... I don't care, I need a diet coke." I said, we'll see. I really was going to let her go, because it wasn't that big of a deal to me. But when i got out of the back room my manger asked me for some help. Then after that i started straightening the clothes for closing, I had completely forgot about my co-worker. So when i go back up to the Quad (where the registers are) she's ringing up a customer and turns me and says, thanks for coming back so i could go get a diet coke!! Brat!!.... not a laugh, a chuckle, a wink... nothing. I apologized to her and continued on telling her that i had forgot but i got cut off by her again as she said, whatever brat!... 

This made me feel HORRIBLE!!  I couldn't believe she got so upset with me over something so little. I just walked away & talked to Jake, my other co-worker. 
Her blowing up on me like that made me realize again why i'm trying to work on not getting upset quickly and over small things.

Now this leads to my  next thing I learned about... Forgiveness. I was really mad at this chica for being so mean to me. But then I stopped and thought, you know... maybe she really needed that diet coke.. haha as silly as that sounds. But there was no point in me being upset with her when obviously she was having a rough night. I think we all need to learn forgiveness and be better at it. I know we all can hold grudges for a VERY long time... I see no point. I love having friends, not enemies or even acquaintances. Yes, there are those people who just aren't meant to be in your life. But no reason to not forgive them. 
Well that's my 2 cents for the night. Work was long today but I'm lucky i have a job.. actually, 2 jobs :) They hired me at The Learning Center!! :) yayayayaya!!!
Exciting!

Peace & Blessings 

No comments:

Post a Comment