Monday, August 30, 2010

Because Every Little Thing, Is Gonna Be Alright :)

I've realized that some people take some things WAAAYYYY too seriously, it ridiculous! One thing i've learned is that we all need to laugh at ourselves and not stress about the small things. What's the point? Why chose to let someone's comment ruin your day/night/week/month, whatever it may be! We have the choice to be happy. No one else can make that decision for us. 

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.  ~Mark Twain

This quote made me think of an experience I had at work (JcPenney.. i have 2 jobs now!) This family came in and they had gift cards from their grandma. We had a great deal going that day that when you spent $25 you got $10 off! great right? Anyways, they got tons of great stuff! but towards the end the were getting nervous that they wouldn't have enough and the mom kept saying.. we cant go over because i have no money to cover the rest. I sat here listening when the son brought up a box of cologne.. ( the coupon doesnt work on cologne) so it was $50 and they only had $47 left on the last card, so they started freaking out. So as they are trying to figure out something to do, i took a certain percentage off ( I have that power:) ) and made it so the cologne was $46. and I turned to them and said "This will be $46" and the mom started questioning me, I told her what I did and she started crying.. and since im emotional i started tearing... love women right? :) this family was so incredibly happy! and that made me so happy!
I was a little nervous that my manager would ask me about the discount i gave them, but come to show, she was watching the whole time!! gosh.. haha but she was very impressed with how i handled it. Which is another reason i was happy :)
It really does feel so great to help & serve others. We all have opportunities everyday, whether it be at the grocery store, at work, or just a park. There's always an opportunity awaiting!! 
Choose to be happy, there's no reason not to. Do not sweat the small things. Who cares what others think of you, if they don't like what you do. 

"There is no one alive who is  you-er than you" - Dr. Seuess 


( & this is me :] )

No comments:

Post a Comment